Saturday, August 19, 2006

I am sad


It has been forever since I posted, but whatever....

I am very sad right now. For a few reasons, most have to do with my squishy little dog, Bella. I really love her as if she were one of my kids, almost... I suppose I wouldn't lock my children in a cage to stop them from pooping in my office... Not unless it was a really bad day. (Kidding people, the day wouldn't have to be that bad.)

I am not sure if you can appreciate how small Bella really is from this picture... Poms only weigh about 3-7 lbs fully grown (Bella is 6lbs), she is tiny. Despite her size, she thinks she is a big dog. She is the ruler of her little area and if another dog, no matter the size, tries to usurp her, watch out.

Last weekend I was watching my sisters 5 mo old German Shepard, Grendel. Despite the fact that he is named after a man eating monster, Grendel is a sweet dog.

On Friday (8-11) we (hubby, twin sons, Bella, Grendel and I) went for a walk around the block. We passed several houses with dogs all barking furiously at us, but that is the norm, there are a lot of dogs in my neighborhood. At one point we stopped and let the kids run around while the dogs (still leashed of course) got to know each other. Suddenly this HUGE rottweiler came running at us. I am not sure why, but we were sort of frozen for a moment and then the dog had Bella in it's jaws and was shaking her around. My hubby jumped on this dog and got Bella away from it, but the damage was done. Bella suffered broken ribs and a minor puncture wound to the belly, not too bad considering she could have been that dog's lunch.

The vet bill was 400$. I don't know about you all, but that is a big chunk out of our budget right before school starts. Turns out the dog was being watched for a friend, just like Grendel. This guys little kid saw us and wanted to take the rottweiler for a walk too but the dog got away from him. At first the dog-watcher, R, said he would pay no problem, then he had to talk to the owner. I was pissed, I knew we wouldn't see any money, but Scott, my dh, said R was a good guy, just to wait. R did come up with 100$ and said we would get the rest this past Tues, then Fri, then Sun, and now Mon.

I am so fed up! The police wont do anything because it was a dog on dog attack. FUCK!!! I hate this crap.

No comments: